IGCSE Mathematics Tuition in Singapore
Hi! I am Dr Loo, a IGCSE math tutor in Singapore. My IGCSE Mathematics Tuition is available for both IGCSE Mathematics and Additional Mathematics. It’s offered in two modes: IGCSE Mathematics Home Tuition service in Singapore and IGCSE Mathematics Online Tuition. In addition, I also offer Singapore O-level A-math Tuition, Singapre JC H2 Math Tuition, and other mathematics and statistics related tuition services in Singapore. Through years of experience, I have helped many students achieve their desired goals for their examinations and university research. My teaching objective is to provide comprehensive guidance to nurture the grow the quantitative competence of a student.
Below are some overview on what IGCSE mathematics and IGCSE additional mathematics are about.
IGCSE Mathematics (0580)
The aims of IGCSE Mathematics (0580) are to enable students to:
- develop an understanding of mathematical principles, concepts and methods in a way which encourages
confidence, provides satisfaction and enjoyment, and develops a positive attitude towards mathematics
- develop a feel for number and understand the significance of the results obtained
- apply mathematics in everyday situations and develop an understanding of the part that mathematics plays in
learners’ own lives and the world around them
- analyse and solve problems, present the solutions clearly, and check and interpret the results
recognise when and how a situation may be represented mathematically, identify and interpret relevant
factors, select an appropriate mathematical method to solve the problem, and evaluate the method used
- use mathematics as a means of communication with emphasis on the use of clear expression and structured
- develop an ability to apply mathematics in other subjects, particularly science and technology
- develop the ability to reason logically, make deductions and inferences, and draw conclusions
- appreciate patterns and relationships in mathematics and make generalisations
- appreciate the interdependence of different areas of mathematics
- acquire a foundation for further study of mathematics or for other disciplines.
IGCSE Additional Mathematics (0606)
The aims of IGCSE Additional Mathematics (0606) are to enable students to:
- consolidate and extend their mathematical skills, and use these in the context of more advanced techniques
further develop their knowledge of mathematical concepts and principles, and use this knowledge for problem
- appreciate the interconnectedness of mathematical knowledge
- acquire a suitable foundation in mathematics for further study in the subject or in mathematics-related
- devise mathematical arguments and use and present them precisely and logically
- integrate information technology (IT) to enhance the mathematical experience
- develop the confidence to apply their mathematical skills and knowledge in appropriate situations
- develop creativity and perseverance in the approach to problem solving
- derive enjoyment and satisfaction from engaging in mathematical pursuits, and gain an appreciation of the
elegance and usefulness of mathematics
- provide foundation for AS Level/Higher study.
Looking for IGCSE Math Tutor in Singapore?
A IGCSE Math tutor in Singapore for your the math progression
Hi! I am currently a full-time IGCSE math tutor in Singapore. I hold PhD in Finance (Best postgraduate award recipient), Master in Applied Statistics (Distinction). To date I have accumulated 8 experience of teaching experience in teaching math and statistics in secondary school and universities in Singapore and Malaysia as teaching staff, lecturer, assistant professor and part-time private tutor.
Also, I have received various of teaching related on-job training. To date, I have published 5 research articles on application of statistics and machine learning concept in international peer reviewed journals.
|Language||English, Chinese, Malay|
|Area of Specialization||
|Tutoring Location||Student’s place (Within Singapore)|
|Highest Attained Qualification||PhD|
|Total Years of Teaching Experience||8 years|
|Past Teaching Position||
More about the IGCSE Math Tutor
1. Doctoral Degree
PhD in Management (Major in finance), UTM
- Best Postgraduate Student Award recipient
- Published 3 research articles on international peer reviewed journal
2. Master degree
Master in Applied Statistics, UM
- Graduate with Distinction
As of 2020, I have accumulated 8 years of teaching experience on delivering mathematics and statistics subjects for secondary and tertiary level. To date, I have taught number of students from different backgrounds ranging from secondary school, undergraduate degree, honor degree, master student until PhD candidates.
Educational Training Attended
In addition, I have received teaching related training under tertiary setting and also training on supervising postgraduate research. Consequently, I am well versed of different teaching methodologies and how to guide a student to along towards a better academic achievement. This has made me to be more confident for being a competent math tutor to teach you JC mathematics tuition in Singapore.
So, why choosing me to give you IGCSE Math Tuition?
- You looking for a IGCSE math home tutor in Singapore with strong academic foundation to teach you IGCSE mathematics and IGCSE additional mathematics.
- You want to build a strong mathematic foundation and understanding in the mathematical concepts
- Clear explanation will be given to the students to explain the concept.
- You looking for a home tutor for IGCSE Math who can provide constructive feedback to students and parents
- Tuition lesson is conducted in a way to help students to learn IGCSE Math in a proper and systematic manner so that they can grasp the maths concept firmly.
Why private tuition for Singapore IGCSE Math?
- Prefer to have personalized help from a IGCSE mathematics home tutor to suit the learning style and needs of students.
- Your child learns better on 1-to-1 mode
- You look into a student focused pace of the lessons which would all fully be according to the needs of your child.
- Convenience, which avoid the traveling time to and from the tuition centre for the math class.
Mode of my IGCSE Math Tuition Class
- Face-to-face Home Tuition
- Online Tutoring
- Blended Learning – It combines online educational materials and opportunities for interaction online with traditional place-based classroom methods.
My IGCSE Maths Tuition Sessions Schedule
There are quite a number tuition slots to choose from as I am doing it as full time basis. However, this is subject to availability as whether it has been taken by a student.
Would like me to teach your child on IGCSE Maths?
Feel free to contact me at +65-85483705 (sms/whatsapp/telegram) to schedule a phone discussion.
My IGCSE Maths Tuition Fees
My tuition rates is depend your location, which could be higher or lower depending on the distance I am traveling from, do feel free to contact me for a discussion.
Contact the IGCSE Math Tutor
If you are interested to have IGCSE Math Tuition class with me, please SMS/Whatsapp/Wechat me at +65-85483705 to arrange for a phone discussion.
List of Mathematics Home Tuition Services I provide
Mathematics Home Tuition
Singapore O-level Mathematics
Singapore JC A-level Mathematics
Statistics Home Tuition
- Statistics Tuition (Singapore)
- Business Statistics Tuition (Singapore)
- Psychology Statistics Tuition (Singapore)
- Quantitative Data Analysis Tuition (Singapore)
- Econometrics Tutoring Singapore
- SPSS Data Analysis Tutoring (Singapore)
- Eviews Data Analysis Tutoring (Singapore)
- Python Data Analysis Tutoring (Singapore)
- Tableau Data Visualization Tutoring (Singapore)
Singapore Mathematics Online Tutoring Services
Statistics Online Tuition
- Statistics Online Tuition (Singapore)
- Business Statistics Online Tuition (Singapore)
- Psychology Statistics Online Tuition (Singapore)
- Quantitative Data Analysis Online Tuition (Singapore)
- Econometrics Online Tuition
- SPSS Data Analysis Online Tutoring (Singapore)
- Eviews Data Analysis Online Tutoring (Singapore)
My Research Publications
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2015). The Dynamic Linkage Among The Asian Reits Market, Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 115 – 126. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2016). Integration between the Asian REIT markets and macroeconomic variables. Journal of Property Investment and Finance, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 68 – 82. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2016). Modeling the volatility of Asian REIT markets. Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, pp. 1 – 13. (Scopus-Cited)
Machine Learning (Neural Network, Random Forest, Extreme Gradient Boosting)
- Loo, W.K. (2019), “Predictability of HK-REITs returns using artificial neural network”, Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JPIF-07-2019-0090
- Loo, W.K. (2020), ” Performing technical analysis to predict Japan REITs’ movement through ensemble learning”, Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print.
Mathematics Tutor Singapore