Math Tutor – Dr. Loo
Hi, I am Dr Loo. I am a currently a full time mathematics tuition teacher in Singapore providing secondary and JC A-level mathematics tutoring in Singapore. My scope of tuition services include mathematics home tuition and online tuition for O-level Math and JC Math.
I am a PhD holder graduate from Doctorate of Finance program since 2017. I have also obtained my qualification in Master in Applied Statistics. In addition to that I have passed CFA level III exam on 2017 as well.
As educator, I have started my teaching career since 2012. Throughout the time, I have taught quantitative related subjects (mathematics, statistics, quantitative analysis, principle of investment, fixed income analysis) at different levels, ranging from secondary, diploma, university to even postgraduate.
With having the opportunities, I am exposed to different teaching environments with diverse background of students, which make me a better educator in delivering knowledge to students.
Following indicates the breakdown of my teaching experience:
8 years of accumulated teaching experience
Institute of Higher Learning
Being mathematics and statistics advisor in Singapore Private University for more than 2.5 years
Being tutor, part-time lecturer, assistant professor in Malaysia universities for around 2.5 years
2 years experience teaching IGCSE Maths in International School
> 4 years experience as private tutor teaching secondary to postgraduate for maths related subject
PhD in Finance, UTM (Best Postgraduate Student Award Recipient)
Master in Applied Statistics, UM (Distinction)
Bachelor of Building Surveying, UM
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2015). The Dynamic Linkage Among The Asian Reits Market, Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 115 – 126. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2016). Integration between the Asian REIT markets and macroeconomic variables. Journal of Property Investment and Finance, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 68 – 82. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2016). Modeling the volatility of Asian REIT markets. Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, pp. 1 – 13. (Scopus-Cited)
Machine Learning (Neural Network, Random Forest, Extreme Gradient Boosting)
- Loo, W.K. (2019), “Predictability of HK-REITs returns using artificial neural network”, Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JPIF-07-2019-0090
- Loo, W.K. (2020), ” Performing technical analysis to predict Japan REITs’ movement through ensemble learning”, Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print.